Sunday, January 15, 2006

Organic Republican reborn

Well, I'm starting to do what I have long been saying to people that I would, restart my blog. This is a temporary blog under the blogger code and when I have enough spare cash that I justify buying a moveable type account, I will transfer it over.

Why my own blog? Mainly because I want to stake out a body of work in trying to build a (side) career in writing. Also, there is the fact that my blog patron, razib, whose blog gnxp focuses on scientific matters does not appreciate me bringing my (snarky) political posts to our group blog, I was able to use my blog matron's blog, Sondrak, as an outlet but she did not appreciate my bringing "smart-pantz" posts to her's. So I thought it fitting to start one that would allow me to post on the things I like to post about: science, politics, the politics of science, and how science and politics interact. That plus the trivial things about my life (movies, science fiction, technology, and women)

I'll still contribute to the group blogs, but I needed a blog of my own...

No comments: